Sharing what’s on your computer screen with people across the web is a magical experience that truly enables you to communicate, collaborate, share, and connect.
Prior to founding Screenleap, our team members made frequent use of screen sharing services such as WebEx and GoToMeeting. Unfortunately, these tools fall short of day-to-day needs by burdening the experience with unnecessary hurdles, ultimately causing people to avoid them altogether. Screen sharing shouldn’t be that way. It should be fast, simple, and free. This is the problem Screenleap seeks to solve.
After talking with hundreds of users about their experiences using existing screen sharing tools, we found a common list of complaints:
- Its too cumbersome to start a meeting – most of the time its just not worth it
- It takes me five to ten minutes to start a meeting with a new viewer because they have to download and install a new application
- My viewers can’t view it if they’re on a smartphone or tablet device
- My viewers refuse to install the application or I don’t want to burden them with a required install
- Its too complicated – I can’t figure it out
- The service is expensive, or I don’t want to pay
We share these frustrations and resolved to launch a product that completely eliminates, or drastically mitigates, each of the above complaints. The result is found at Screenleap.com and is the product of countless hours of research, hacking, coding, and user input.
The Screenleap mission is to make screen sharing as simple, fast, free, and easy as possible.
So today we officially launch Screenleap to the public with the following alpha features:
- Two-click instant screen sharing for first time users
- One-click instant screen sharing for visitors who have previously granted permission to our applet
- No accounts required
- No application install to view a screen
- Works on any connected mobile or tablet device with a browser
- The basic version is Free, and always will be
Thanks for taking the time to learn about Screenleap. Please use the service often, and stay in touch by following us on Twitter, Liking us on Facebook, and bookmarking our blog and home page. And if you like our service, spread the word to your friends and colleagues, and if you have feedback or problems on the site, don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you haven’t already, please visit the Screenleap home page to start you first free screen sharing session today: Screenleap Home Page